Sunday 24 July 2011

Quilled Earthen Pot

Well folks this has been one of my personal favorite so far!!
I experimented with quilling.I tried sticking a paper piece to a painted earthen pot and there it was.Wow!!I am done.So here have a look.


So begin by thinking of a design.Next soak your pot overnight in a bucket of water.Next morning dry it up in sun and paint it as per choice.Its better to choose dark colors so that every quilled piece is reflected well.Please give it a one day time to dry up.You need to use any oil base paint for this.Next prepare a design to be put up on the pot.Ensure that you don't pick thin pieces because chances are that they would loosen up and end up nowhere.Choose hues of red,blue,green,yellow to make it bright. Finally after you are done with pasting let it dry for a day or two.You may doubt that the normal glue wouldn't aid in sticking but it is the only thing that I have used to establish this.So get in all your earthen vases and pots and pamper them!!!


2 comments:

jatin said...

The one tht u made on a white paper was just beautiful. Really beautiful.
I suggest you to try some more for ur flower pot. You have used a black one which is not bad either but try some other color to make it look really lovely.

Merlyn said...

Beautiful.. I too would like like to try quilling on pot..

Template by:

Free Blog Templates